There are a million and one things I learned over the past year about myself, life, etc. and I'm sure next year will be filled with a million more. It's fun to look back on quite an epic year of life and think of the brilliant, funny, not so funny, not so brilliant things I've learned, from a year of YOLO'ing through life's adventures.
So here are just a few that stand out and I challenge you all to jot down some of your own favorites. The New Year isn't just about resolutions and what you can do better, but remembering all the good you've already done and can continue doing. Cheers to our best year yet! I can't imagine what 2016 can throw my way, but I do know I'm ready for it. Xoxo!
1. Sometimes in life you just need yoga pants, pizza, wine & a Netflix binge.
2. Having friends that make you laugh until it hurts is one of life's greatest gifts.
3. Taking time for yourself can be hard, but is so necessary for sanity.
4. Growing up is kind of cool.
5. Whoever said you "black out" during your wedding due to overwhelming excitement, they were right.
6. ^Appreciate your friends that document the crap out of life's biggest events. The pics are awesome for later!
7. Staying in touch with far-away friends is harder than you think. There's a reason you make it work somehow for the ones that are worth it!
8. Husbands are the best. Especially those that do all the yard work, pay the bills and cook the food.
9. It's OK to admit when you're having a hard time with something, and asking for help. Those who love you will be there.
10. You never need the shot your friends will buy you at the bar (RPs), but you'll always take it. Especially if/when tears of happiness are involved (ECP I'm looking at you!)
11. Faith can do wonders. Always try to acknowledge when little "God moments" come along.
12. Taking on new roles can be scary, but super rewarding (ie: Komen Board! HelloGiggles!)
13. Home-ownership is awesome. Yard work, not so much (love ya, Kev!)
14. It's OK to decide to spend money on new kitchenware instead of new shoes. See #4.
15. Never underestimate the feeling you get after a kick-ass workout
16. ^Every time you don't want to get up for your morning workout class alarm, it always ends up being worth it.
17. Between Monday-Friday 8-5, coworkers can sometimes turn into the greatest friends and confidantes.
18. Nothing beats the greatness of family. Even/especially when you have a lot of them.
19. Sisters can turn into the very best friends.
20. Life can sometimes seen hectic beyond repair, but somehow, someway, everything always works out. Crediting this to #s 1, 2, 8 & 18.